Monday, January 28, 2008

Inon UCL-165 macro wet lens (2x)

Today I used my new Inon UCL-165 macro lens (2x magnification) with my canon G7 in a canon Wp-DC11 housing using the epoque M67 thread adapter and two Inon strobes.

The visibility and the surge at Oak park was terrible so I didnt take more than a couple of photos. My impression was that the lens is quite good, does not interfere with the camera autofocus and also allows the camera to come closer to the subject when zoomed in.

The epoque adapter works fine on my fantasea double tray, but only for macro. If the G7 is at its widest then you can see the lens adapter blocking the corners of the frame. You have to zoom in about half way to avoid that. But for macro things are fine. I zoomed in fully and still could focus easily at 5cm or so from the lens. Focusing seems slightly slower than usual but that could have been because of the crappy visibility.

couple of pics (also can be found here):



I didnt realize that its eye looked this interesting:

No comments: